[BFET] New Student Support Team!

Erin Frasier efrasier at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 14 12:54:26 PDT 2019

Good afternoon,

We are very excited to announce a full team of State Board staff dedicated to Workforce Education student support programs! These team members will be working together across student support programs to ensure resources and guidance from the state board are effectively supporting the work you are doing across the state to increase equitable access for students and the supports they need to be successful. A brief introduction, their primary areas of responsibility and contact information are provided for you below. We all look forward to working together to advance the mission and vision of our system.
Dylan Jilek - Student Support Program Coordinator
As a Program Coordinator, Dylan will be focused on integration of training, monitoring and technical support efforts for WorkFirst, BFET, ABAWD Navigation and other student support programs. They will also serve as the eJAS Access point of contact for BFET and WorkFirst staff.

Dylan has worked for the State Board for a year and a half supporting the system's grants and contracts; they also have a background in nonprofit work and early childhood education, having spent three years with the South Sound Reading Foundation and an AmeriCorps year of service on a bookmobile in rural Vermont. As a member of the SBCTC's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, they are passionate about social justice work. They use gender neutral, they/them/theirs pronouns, and outside of work, enjoy baking, cooking, playing board games, and traveling.

Contact Information: djilek at sbctc.edu<mailto:djilek at sbctc.edu> 360-704-1021
Jessica Porter - Student Support Program Coordinator
Jessica is taking the lead on both the Student Emergency Assistance Grant program and the Supporting Students Experiencing Homelessness pilots.

Jessica Porter comes to SBCTC with a diverse background in process consultation, program development, analysis, instruction and student support. Her previous role was in Student Support and Advising at Grays Harbor College. Jessica has a Bachelor of Arts from Evergreen State College and a Master of Arts in Organizational Development from Antioch University Seattle.

Contact Information: jporter at sbctc.edu<mailto:jporter at sbctc.edu> 360-704-3902
Deana Rader - Program Administration, WorkFirst
Deana is our new Program Administrator for the WorkFirst program.

Deana Rader has been involved with WorkFirst for over 20 years. More recently, she spent the last 11 years at Highline College overseeing the WorkFirst program. Deana brings a wealth of WorkFirst program knowledge in addition to experience establishing and maintaining TANF and community partner relationships. Deana brings to her new assignment a high level of commitment to supporting low income families through an equitable and holistic approach.

Contact Information: drader at sbctc.edu<mailto:drader at sbctc.edu> 360-704-1837
Kathi Medcalf - Program Administrator, ABAWD Navigation
Kathi is our new Program Administrator for the ABAWD Navigation program. This is a new program providing navigators across our system to support Able-Bodied Adults without Dependents find activities to meet their work requirements in order to maintain food assistance and the additional resources they need to meet other basic needs.

Kathi has been working in education for over 20 years.  She has experience working with underserved populations including Workforce Education and Basic Education for Adults. Her most recent Community and Technical College location was Clover Park Technical College where she served as the Transitional Studies Director and Associate Dean. She believes strongly in providing services for adults to live their best lives.

Contact Information: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>  360-704-1838
Becky Wood - Program Administrator, Worker Retraining
Becky is our new Program Administrator for the Worker Retraining program.

Becky Wood is joining us from Skagit Valley College with a wealth of experience having served most recently as the Workforce Navigator. In that role, she provided grant program management, fostered community and partner collaboration, and lead program development and implementation on Skagit's multiple campuses. Becky earned her Associate's degree from Skagit Valley College and both a Bachelor's in Psychology and Master's in Experimental Psychology from Western Washington University. She has a passion for equitable educational programming and utilizes a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with others.

Contact Information: bwood at sbctc.edu<mailto:bwood at sbctc.edu>  360-704-1004
Jennifer Dellinger - Program Administrator, BFET
Jennifer continues to serve as our Program Administrator for the Basic Food Employment and Training Program (BFET).

Jennifer came from the college system with extensive experience in student services, financial aid, and workforce education along with a passion to ensure equitable access to education for all. She carries with her the voice of students in her work, as she herself had to navigate being a single mother on TANF. Through will and determination, Jennifer has disrupted her own family's cycle of generational poverty and she uses this passion to inspire others to do the same.

Contact Information:  jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> 360-704-3925

We look forward to working with all of you to support students across our system! Thank you for all you do!

Respectfully,
Erin

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Erin Frasier, Ed.D.
Policy Associate, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-4339     E: efrasier at sbctc.edu<mailto:efrasier at sbctc.edu>