[BFET] FW: FFY20 BFET HANDBOOK & PARTICIPANT REIMBURSEMENT DIRECTORY

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Fri Oct 4 16:58:24 PDT 2019

Good Evening BFET Team,

DSHS has released the FFY20 BFET Provider Handbook and PR Directory. Both are attached for your convenience. Below I have provided a summary of changes (by page) for your review. In addition to this summary, I am including the WebEx DSHS Policy is holding on October 14th, 2019 to go over the changes in the Handbook.

Page 7 - Printed Materials Civil Rights & Non-Discrimination:

·       Added "This institution" as approved language
Page 9 - Confidential Information, Fraud and Abuse Form:

·       New statement has been included outlining access to eJAS. This includes: conflicts of interest and accessing COLLEGE eJAS model
Page 10 - eJAS Access:

·       Requests and Terminations are to go to Jennifer Dellinger at jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> and allow 5 business days for processing
Page 11 - BFET Reports:

·       States "submit your quarterly report to Jennifer Dellinger at jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu>"  - This is incorrect and colleges do not submit quarter reports
Page 13 - Billing Rosters:

·       States "SBCTC contracted providers must submit a roster monthly" - This is incorrect and rosters are ONLY to be submitted if tuition was paid the month prior to the start of the quarter.
Page 14 - Participant Reimbursements:

·       Examples of other funding sources removed

·       Identification of how to deem if a PR is reasonable and necessary

·       Exemption to the Rule (ERT) process is identified.

·       Internal Bookstore Policy (page 15) Reimbursement Tracking removed
Page 15 - Eligibility:

·       Can participate in BFET immediately removed

·       Added youth services, Running Start Students and High School Equivalency to this section
Page 17 - Components:

·       Adjustments to Component coding for Job Search Training (JST) and to be coded JT - additional services added to this component,

·       Supervised Job Search (SJS) and to be coded JS,

·       Life Skills (LS) - added examples of curriculum topics,

·       Job Retention Services (JRS) - eligibility for BR section removed,

·       Job Retention Services Extension (JRSE) - added entire section for this component and Financial Empowerment Training Requirement for this component

·       Component Hours section removed and added into each component description
Page 21 - Collaboration:

·       RISE Collaboration removed

·       Embargo Clients section added

·       ABAWD Navigators section added
Page 22 - Enrollment:

·       Restructure of the sections for flow

·       Release of Information is now Consent Form
Page 23 - Opening BFET Components:

·       Identifies Eligibility Lists process as no longer being effective April 1, 2020. - SBCTC is not sure what is meant by this and has sought clarification from DSHS.

·       eJAS Case Note Documentation - formally Documenting Participant's Progress (FFY19 Handbook)
Page 24 - Ongoing Progress Note:

·       How progress was assessed removed

·       progress towards reaching individual goals added

·       ABAWD Client Note section added

·       Employment Verification section added
Page 25 - Updating Components:

·       Changed requirement of updating changes in eJAS to reflect a reduction in component hours or termination from 3 days to 7 business days of discovery

·       Changed requirements to update the employment screen from 10 days to 7 business days
Page 26 - Closing Components:

·       Examples added
Page 26 - Participants File:

·       Clarification on progress notes added (do not need to print and keep in file)

·       Eligibility Verification removed

·       receipts added
Appendix - Clarifications removed

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer them or seek clarification from DSHS.

Respectfully,

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.