[BFET] [UCE] RE: BFET Fall Quarter Meeting Follow-Up

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Tue Dec 17 16:15:14 PST 2019

Good Afternoon BFET Team,

We continue to seek clarification on DSHS policy for the questions you asked in our Fall meeting. Below is an update on what clarifications we have received and what we are still awaiting to hear back on.

Still Awaiting Clarification:

1)      What can DSHS eligibility workers legitimately ask of colleges in regards to a students' financial aid funding?

Policy Clarification Received:

1)      Is online study time at home approvable for childcare?

a.       Yes, these additional study hours are approvable and should be included in your component hours. Information and email was sent to listserve in regards to this on 11/8/19, also attached here for easy reference.

2)      What information in the employment screen are providers expected to complete?

a.       Employer/Worksite Name

b.       Hours Per Week

c.       Work-Based Learning (paid or unpaid)

d.       Reported Wages

e.       Start Date
You are only required to input employment if the client reports it directly to you. Please note that eJAS does not communicate to ACES system, so the client is still responsible for reporting employment directly to DSHS. Additionally, as long as you are not using the BR component, which at this time Colleges do not use, you can accept the clients self-disclosure as verification of employment.

We have not received the Q&A from DSHS from their Fall BFET Provider Meeting at this time. DSHS has indicated that they are still working on it.
Additionally, we have noticed that the dates for future trainings (all listed as 2020) for DSHS Provider Meeting are updated on their provider resources webpage. At this time, no information has been received with locations or agenda. Here is the link for easy access: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/provider-resources

Thank you again for your patience and please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions on the materials included within this email or if further clarification is needed.

Respectfully,

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.