[BFET] Concerns Addressed for FFY18 BFET Budget Workbook

Mat Carlisle mcarlisle at sbctc.edu
Mon May 15 12:20:14 PDT 2017

Good afternoon.
A couple of concerns came up at our FFY18 BFET budget workbook review last Thursday that I said I would get answers for. I've added a couple of things that didn't get discussed.

1.       Performance Tab

a.        Cell E7, Prior FFY carryover: This should be your anticipated BFET enrollment for Fall quarter through 9/30/17. Any anticipated enrollments in your BFET program after 10/1/17 should be in the 1st Quarter New Enrollment count, Cell F7. No carryovers should be included in your New Enrollment count for F17 quarter.

b.      Cell K6, % of Success: should be 60% or higher; will auto-calculate from data input on Rows 7 and 8.

c.       Rows 9-14, Enrollments for BFET components: only input numbers for the BFET components your college will be offering

d.      CBO Component Service Descriptions: we don't have to input any information in this matrix, as it is for CBOs.

2.       Detail Worksheet Tab

a.       The Administrative Costs matrix is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. This is where you should input items that we identify as Goods and Services, e.g., marketing, supplies, copier costs, etc.

These were the items I made special notes of for follow-up. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

I have communicated with the DSHS BFET Fiscal team, who indicate they will provide a corrected copy of the budget workbook as soon as possible.

Although the TOTAL BUDGET tab will not auto-calculate correctly, I encourage you not to wait for the corrected workbook, but to begin now to determine the numbers you will input into the other worksheets.

Also, remember that I extended the deadline for you to submit your budget workbook to Monday, June 5th. Please don't be late.

The great work you do to make your BFET students and program successful is very much appreciated!
Mat

Mat Carlisle
Program Administrator,  Workforce Education
State Board of Community and Technical Colleges
Phone: 360.704.4341
Fax: 360.704.4418
Email: mcarlisle at sbctc.edu