[ATcoord] Transcription

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Thu Oct 13 12:12:14 PDT 2022

Hi Kelsey, can you say a little bit more about what you need to get done? Are you wanting to get Closed Captioning in another language besides English for recorded video content, or are you needing live transcription at an event or class provided in another language besides English?

>From a policy perspective, being a non-native English speaker is not considered a disability status, and because of this, Disability Service providers haven't historically considered language translation as an accommodation request, though there may be instances when exceptions are made.

All state colleges are still able to use 3Play Media even though the State Board is no longer able to subsidize the cost of services for the colleges at this time. My director and I are in active discussions with 3Play in hopes to extend the state contract.

Hope this helps.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-3922 • c: 206-914-7187

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>