[ATcoord] Basic NVDA navigation and Visual setting for sighted testers/users

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 3 10:06:03 PST 2022

Thanks, Vicki!

From: ATcoord <atcoord-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Walton, Vicki via ATcoord <atcoord at lists.ctc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 3, 2022 9:49:58 AM
To: atcoord at lists.ctc.edu <atcoord at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Walton, Vicki <vwalton at columbiabasin.edu>
Subject: [ATcoord] Basic NVDA navigation and Visual setting for sighted testers/users

Monica Olsson and I have been corresponding on a few projects and she wanted to understand more about navigating with NVDA. So, I sent her some basic tips.  She mentioned that it might be a good idea to send to this list.

Just a bit of background: I am a sighted NVDA tester.  One of my many responsibilities is to test all software that is new or being renewed at Columbia Basin College and NVDA is one of the screen readers we test with. We also test with JAWS and other assistive technology.  I do realize that this is not an exhaustive list.  It is truly just “some” basics. We know people in the group are at various stages in their training and career, so some may already know this by heart, and others not.

I also included a tutorial on how to turn on the visual settings in NVDA for those of us who are sighted as it helps you know where the focus has landed.

If you find that these tutorials are helpful, by all means use them.  If you have any input or advice that you would like to share, we welcome that, too.  We are all in this together so sharing what we know gives us our tribe in this very valuable work that we do.

Have a splendid day.

Take care.

[Visit the CBC Website]<https://www.columbiabasin.edu/>

Vicki Walton
Assistive Technology/Disability Support Services
Program Support Supervisor II
509.542.4428, or ext. 2428
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301

Pronouns: they/them

[Follow CBC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/columbiabasincollege> [Follow CBC on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/columbiabasincollege>  [Follow CBC on Snapchat] <https://www.snapchat.com/add/cbchawkssnaps>

[We All Soar Together]

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D5E69C.17A2CE90]

CSUN Assistive Technology Certificate Program (ATCP) (December 2016)