[ATcoord] summer accessibility retreat

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Thu May 10 12:57:27 PDT 2018

Hello!
Each year the ELC Accessibility workgroup holds a summer accessibility retreat (a spin-off from Shoreline's FLC retreat).

I'm scrambling to pull together this year's retreat and check a couple of other action items on my to-do list (train the trainer and STEAM training), so I'm lumping it all together into one week of workshops at the lovely Dumas Bay Retreat Center<https://www.dumasbaycentre.com/>.

The only block of 4 weekdays with ample rooms (with half-baths) available is July 16 - 19, so I'm aiming for that week.

I have a rough agenda<https://docs.google.com/document/d/122TS4NJ7EN_vn25e_UxBNwekqxvHrPZKODg2vIsKxVo/edit?usp=sharing> and was wondering if any of you (or anyone else you know) may be interested in helping to facilitate? It's ok if you can only help with one or two days -- I don't expect anyone to be willing to hang out the full four days. :)

This is not a paid gig, but your lodging and food is all covered. And, for those completing the Train the Trainer section, there may be paid opportunities on the horizon.
You can edit the document, so feel free to leave comments there as well. Once I know who can/wants to be involved then I'll try and pull a meeting together.

Thanks!!
Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/> |https://accesswa.blog/
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!