[ATcoord] Caption integration in Canvas - feature idea

Lentini, Marc MLENTINI at highline.edu
Tue Jan 9 15:59:45 PST 2018

Hi Accessible Tech coordinators and Canvas admins,

A few weeks ago, I was surveyed by the state’s captioning provider, 3Play Media. In my response, I suggested that integrated captioning within Canvas would be helpful. The full conversation is below, but the focus of the request was as follows:

My comment was actually in reference to captioning videos recorded in the Rich Content Editor media tool in Canvas. The RCE is the text editor in basically any text box in Canvas. It has a built in media recording tool. However, extracting videos made in that tool for captioning is difficult even for one video — to do an entire course would be pretty unworkable. Some glue that allows me to select videos from recordings in the Canvas tool, much like I can do now with Panopto or YouTube, would be super helpful.

If you happen to be in conversation with your account rep at 3Play, or feeling the urge to give them some ideas for helpful features, might I suggest the above?

Best,
Marc

Marc Lentini | Director, Instructional Design | Highline College
v: (206) 592-3778 | http://people.highline.edu/mlentini | @malapertmarc
he.him.his

Begin forwarded message: