[ATcoord] Changes in Policy #188 - Accessibility

Rosalie Madison rmadison at everettcc.edu
Tue Jun 6 09:38:17 PDT 2017

http://ocio.wa.gov/policy/accessibility

I see the requirement for submitting a waiver to the state for purchase
approval of non- accessible covered technologies has been removed.

I am also not seeing where a VPAT and testing software for accessibility is
required prior to purchasing a product. Just that agencies are required to
provide"equivalent access".

Am I misunderstanding these changes?

Rosalie (Rose) Madison
Everett Community College
IT4, IT Business Analyst/Project Manager
Email: rmadison at everettcc.edu
Phone: (425) 259-8719

--Believe in the power of hard questions and honest answers

Please take a minute to help us improve our IT service by completing the IT
Feedback Survey <http://goo.gl/J3nGC> - http://goo.gl/J3nGC