[Abawdnavigators] Secure WA

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Thu Jan 30 13:59:14 PST 2020

Good Afternoon,

As you may know DSHS has switched vendors for the Washington Secure Email Portal.  Effective January 31st the old WaTech Platform will be disabled and no longer available for use. The new platform does not allow us (SBCTC and CTCs) to send emails within our college system. DSHS is aware of this and it is a state government wide issue that impacts most of all state government agencies that use the Washington Secure Email Portal to conduct business.

At this time, DSHS is working with their highest level administration to prepare impact analysis to their board members for assisting in an amendment to the contract that is governed by the legislature. This will take time and is a priority for DSHS.

This means we have no secure way of sending Tracking Sheets so you will not be submitting your January sheets until we find a work around.

We understand the difficulty this has caused and have communicated to DSHS the need for this to be considered a high priority.

Thanks,
Kathi
[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her