[Abawdnavigators] ABAWD meeting

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Tue Jan 14 11:42:23 PST 2020

Hi,

We had a short meeting this morning so I thought I would let you know what was asked and answered.

I still have no updates from DSHS except that the recommended waivers have been determined and sent to DSHS leadership to make a decision about the application for those waivers.  Until leadership makes a decision, nothing will be shared with anyone.  I have a DSHS ABAWD team meeting next Thursday and if information is released will let you know and probably schedule an update call.  Once the waivers are determined DSHS will be able to move forward.  We are lagging a little behind with Trumba.  Trumba will not be the deciding factor for the start of the referrals.

  1.  Question from call: What happens if the counties I work in have waivers?
     *   Answer:  Nothing changes, the state has committed to FNS that we will serve ABAWDS exempt or not. As a navigator you will continue to work with students, community members and any ABAWD referrals.
  2.  Question from call: Do you have an update about either BFET or ABAWD contracts?
     *   Answer:  BFET making progress, still negotiating should be done soon, ABAWD done contract going through signature process.  WorkForce Ed Director signed, now need two more signatures here and one at DSHS and we will be done.  Hoping by end of next week at latest.
Final comments:
                Joint training 2/10- look for survey for anything you would like to see on the agenda for that date.
Keep up the good work working with people on campus and community, keep those lines open with resources  and feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns you might have.

Enjoy the snow and stay warm and safe.

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her