[Abawdnavigators] [EXTERNAL]Re: Menu Of Options

Sorensen, Riley Riley.Sorensen at Seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Oct 3 13:32:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have been searching for WIOA Providers through this website: http://www.careerbridge.wa.gov/Search_Program.aspx?cmd=clear&etp=true

You check the "ETP only" box to view only WIOA programs in your county.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Riley Sorensen
________________________________
From: Abawdnavigators <abawdnavigators-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of King, Kristina via Abawdnavigators <abawdnavigators at lists.ctc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:53 AM
To: Jackie Garrett <jackie.garrett at centralia.edu>; abawdnavigators at lists.ctc.edu <abawdnavigators at lists.ctc.edu>; Biros, Demetra <Demetra.Biros at lwtech.edu>
Subject: Re: [Abawdnavigators] [EXTERNAL]Re: Menu Of Options

Hi Jackie,
My name is Kris and I wanted to share with you what information I know in regards to your questions. Of course some of the answers may be specific to where I am.

I do have Americorps on my list of options; and here in Wenatchee the person who heads up the Americorps works out of the Chelan Douglas Community Action Council (CDCAC), so I will be referring anyone interested directly to her.

As for WIOA funded programs; after meeting with the director of SkillSource here in Wenatchee, she explained to me that locally, they are the only ones with WIOA funding. She explained to me that out of the various funding opportunities they have for folks, (vocational scholarships, on-the job-training, etc.), they are all WIOA approved programs. I'm sure where you are it could be different, but so far she has been the only source of information I have found about WIOA. I'm not sure why it is so hard to find info on WIOA, but I know talking with her cleared a lot up for me so hopefully you can find someone locally to do the same for you.

Additionally I have put the Worksource class "Strategies for Success" on my menu of options since the folks at WorkSource told me it could satisfy a month's worth of work requirement and might buy an ABAWD more time to figure out a more permanent option.

Still working on my list but I wanted to share that information with you; it's nice to know we are all trying to figure this out 🙂

Kris

Kristina King
Community Resource Navigator for ABAWD's
Office in Grants House    P (509)682-6613