[Abawdnavigators] Possible ABAWD letters

Biros, Demetra Demetra.Biros at lwtech.edu
Mon Nov 4 16:37:55 PST 2019

Hi Kathi,

I have a follow up question regarding this.  It appears that people in the non-waived area of King County that are participating in the BFET program are receiving these letters also. These are students that are meeting their 'work requirement' and all of the information is documented in EJAS.  This is creating fear and confusion in students and creating a great deal of work for staff.  Mark Gordon from Seattle Central sent an email out to the BFET listserv on Friday documenting this situation.  This is not a new problem and it has been brought to DSHSs attention in the past.  I personally brought this issue to DSHSs attention last June during the BFET forum. Can you help us understand why this is happening and if anyone is working to fix this?   DSHS should be able to see that these students are actively engaged in an activity.

Thanks,

Demetra Biros
Director of Workforce Development
Lake Washington Institute of Technology