[Abawdnavigators] Tracking sheet and other updates

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Thu Dec 19 10:28:58 PST 2019

Hello All,

I have no new information to share on the counties getting waivers yet, just saying that up front. 😊

It looks like we are getting close to final negotiations with DSHS for the ABAWD contract.  There have been a couple of things on the tracking sheet that we have been changing and I wanted to make sure we are all clear so that we are getting the best data possible for all concerned.

There will be one final change to the tracking sheet for January and then there will not be any changes unless something major happens.  This one change will be a place in the Activity referral section for an ABAWD who chooses not to get referred to any of the activities.  You will need to indicate in the notes the reason they were not referred to any activities.  This is info we are obligated to report to DSHS.  We will get the sheet with this change out to you as soon as possible.

There has also been some confusion on the tracking people other than ABAWDS, there are two categories of these people, a) people you help apply to SNAP and b) people you help who are not needing SNAP help.

  1.  We need first and last name for people you help with SNAP.  Report these on the sheet with their names and fill in resource referrals and anything else you know except identifying info besides names.
  2.  The people that fit this category should be list as student 1, student 2, or community 1, community 2, etc… fill in as much of the row as possible except an identifying information.
If you met with any people in the past you can add them to the sheet for January.  We are looking for totals not necessarily the month the person met with you so it is okay to add them at this point.  If you have any questions let me know.

As we all gear up for the holidays, I want you to be aware of our office closures and staff leave times that will effect response time. Below is a list of SBCTC staff that you may normally intersect with.

SBCTC Office Closures:
December 25th
January 1st

Staff On Leave:
Erin Frasier, Workforce Education Policy Associate

  *   On leave 12/23 – 12/26 and 12/30 – 1/1
Dylan Jilek, Workforce Education Program Coordinator

  *   On leave 12/23 – 12/27
Kathi Medcalf, Workforce Education Program Administrator

  *   On leave 12/20 and 12/24

Cheers,

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her/Hers