[Wsssc] emergency funding disbursement question

Claire Peinado Claire.Peinado at skagit.edu
Wed Jan 3 13:35:23 PST 2024

Happy New Year WSSSC Colleagues!

I hope everyone is doing well and winter quarter launches are off to a fantastic start.

I have a question around emergency funding disbursement practices on your campuses.  If you could respond to these questions at your convenience, I would be super grateful.

  1.  Who manages emergency funding disbursement on your campus (role/department)?
  2.  What is your process for students to access funding?  (application, etc.)
  3.  In what form do students receive emergency funding (bank account, check, gift card, etc.)?
  4.  What is the turn-around timeline for student receipt of funding, from time of application to funding? (i.e., 3 days, one week, 24 hours, etc.)

If your Financial Aid and Business Offices have any particular procedures you think are working well, can you please share, or pass along a name/number for me to contact for more information?

Thank you and wishing you a great new year.

Claire

Claire E. Peinado, PhD
Vice President for Student Services
Skagit Valley College
p: (360) 416-7961
appt: (360) 416-2564
pronouns: she, her
President, Washington State Student Services Commission (WSSSC)