[Wsssc] WSAC Grant Guidance: contraception vending machines

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon Sep 18 13:22:14 PDT 2023

Dear Vice Presidents of Student Services,

I write to follow-up on a proviso that passed in the 2023 session regarding emergency conceptive vending machines.

Emergency Contraceptive: WSAC received $200,000 in funding for institutions of higher education to purchase emergency contraceptive vending machines to dispense contraception at cost to students. The funding will be distributed on a first come first serve basis after WSAC releases details to public institutions of higher education, with $10k funding per institution to be administered through WSAC.

Attached includes grant guidance and WSAC will also post details today at https://wsac.wa.gov/student-supports. One key update is the online application link, which will be available at the above weblink starting on October 30th at 12 pm. This change is aimed to provide institutions with time to prepare their applications, given that this grant operates on a first-come, first-served basis for application submission.

Currently, the guidance states that each institution can receive one grant. However, if by January 15, 2024, WSAC has not exhausted all the funds, they will consider opening the grant to other campuses. WSAC’s goal is to ensure that all funds are awarded by the end of March.

The primary point of contact from WSAC for this grant is Ami Magisos, Associate Director of Policy and Planning, amim at wsac.wa.gov<mailto:amim at wsac.wa.gov>. I have included Ami on this email for ease.

We thank you for your commitment to advancing student support and equity.
[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu• o: 360-704-4334 •
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>

SBCTC Vision:

“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.”