[Wsssc] Benefits Navigator Cohort & Basic Needs Strategic Plan Learning Community and Resources

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu Oct 19 08:00:32 PDT 2023

Dear WSSSC,

In support of HB 1559 there are two opportunities for your staff to plug into wrap-around support for the Benefits Navigator and the Strategic Plan.

To help distinguish the difference and provide clarity there are two areas of support being offered:

  1.  Benefits Navigator Cohort
     *   Led by SBCTC and WSAC with the support of United Way of King County to provide space for college Benefits Navigators to connect, learn, get training, and share resources.
     *   Intended for the Navigators and their supervisors. Optional, but highly encouraged.
     *   Once we have all the contacts for each of the colleges, SBCTC will be working directly with them, and the information/requests needs from WSSSC will be less.
     *   College Navigator/Supervisor Contacts Needed from: Bates, Cascadia, Edmonds, Pierce, Renton, Seattle Central, South Seattle, Spokane CC, Whatcom, and Yakima.
     *   This cohort will begin October 30.
  2.  Basic Needs Strategic Plan Learning Community and Resources
     *   Led by WSAC through a contract with Northwest Education to provide structured support for developing campus strategic plans at no cost to colleges.
     *   Intended for college leadership tasked with developing their campus hunger free and basic needs strategic plan.
     *   Optional and not required.
     *   Series of short sessions over a period of a few months with additional 1:1 session opportunity.
     *   Materials are available to all colleges regardless of participation.
     *   Start date to be determined. Interested individuals are asked to contact SBCTC Jennifer Dellinger or WSAC Ami Magisos.

Please direct any questions to SBCTC Jennifer Dellinger, Student Services Policy Associate at jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu>.

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."