[Wsssc] Guided Pathways Legislative Report Update

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 16 10:33:36 PDT 2023

Greetings,

The purpose of this email is to provide an update on the timeline for the initial evaluation of Guided Pathways implementation conducted by the Washington Institute of Public Policy (WSIPP).

As you may know, RCW 28B.50.925<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.50.925> directs WSIPP to complete a preliminary report for the legislature that "evaluates the effect of the guided pathways model on early student outcomes, including, but not limited to, student retention and persistence, college level English and math within the first year, and graduation transfer rates." This report was to be submitted by December 15, 2023. WSIPP staff have requested and received approval from their board to submit the report in March of 2024.

SBCTC has been working closely with WSIPP over the last year to ensure they have the data they need to complete the evaluation. This has included regular meetings, support with a survey to the colleges in December of 2022, and providing access to workplans and other relevant documents of use. We are in discussion with WSIPP to determine the feasibility of producing a one pager on outcomes prior to the legislative session. We will continue to provide updates as we receive information.

Please reach out with any questions.

Best,

Monica

[Compass]Monica Wilson (she|her|hers)<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>
Director, Student Success Center & Strategic Initiatives
Cell: 503-307-1555 | e: mwilson at sbctc.edu<mailto:mwilson at sbctc.edu> | website: www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>
Schedule a Meeting<https://calendly.com/mwilson-wassc>
                                                                                           SBCTC Vision
                         "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives
                          within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice
                         in service to our diverse communities."