[Wsssc] Vice President Orientation Professional Development Series

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:53:05 PST 2023

Dear WSSSC,

It was energizing to see so many of you at the hot topics session this morning! Sue said it best "it's so wonderful to be with you all."

In light of the positive turnout for the fall New VP Orientation and our continued investment as a learning community, we are excited to announce a monthly professional development series. This series is open to ALL Vice Presidents, catering to both newcomers and seasoned leaders in roles of Student Services (WSSSC), Instruction (IC), Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEOC), and the Research & Policy (RPC) commissions. We have received inquiries about the inclusion of Vice Presidents of Admin Services or other areas of the colleges in this professional development series - the answer is a resounding yes- they are more than welcome to join in on relevant topics. Our goal is to ensure that the identified topics are applicable across all areas, fostering a collaborative learning environment for our system leaders. This is one of the many reasons that Washington colleges are so great!

Topics identified for the upcoming year are intended to be universally relevant to VP roles and we encourage everyone to participate. These recorded sessions will be co-hosted by SBCTC staff and include experts from various parts of the system. Monthly calendar holds will be shared shortly.

Vice President Orientation Tentative Schedule:

  *   When: 3rd Thursday mornings, 8:00-9:30 am (this will be in place of previous hot topics session for this week)
  *   Who: Open to all VPSS, VPI, VPDEI, VPRPC
  *   Where: Zoom meeting<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84788362887?pwd=cGd2d1NXeStWL3JpQ0FyTGxCU2phdz09>

Tentative Schedule of Topics:

  *   Jan 18 - Allocation Model
  *   Feb 15 - DEI Initiatives
  *   Mar 21 - Guided Pathways/Student Success
  *   Apr 18 - Data Dashboards
  *   May 16 - Accreditation
  *   June 20 - TBD
  *

We look forward to your participation and the opportunity to collectively enhance our system professional development. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out.

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."