[Wsssc] Updates: Joint Summer Meeting & Hot Topics

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Thu Jun 8 11:16:06 PDT 2023

Dear WSSSC,

We hope this email finds you all in good spirits. We want to provide you with an update regarding some changes.

Summer Joint Meeting Cancellation and Fall Gathering Hosting:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we regret to share we will be canceling the previously scheduled joint summer meeting, scheduled for July 11-12. However, we are excited to announce that we are actively soliciting interested campuses to host our WSSSC fall meeting. If your institution is interested in hosting the group, please reach out to me or any member of the executive team.

Revised Thursday Hot Topics Schedule:
During the summer months, we will be making a slight adjustment to the Thursday Hot Topics sessions. Instead of weekly meetings, we will be moving to a once-monthly schedule to accommodate the summer break and varying availability. The updated calendar invite reflecting this change will be sent out shortly. We appreciate your support and look forward to the engaging discussions we will have during these sessions.

Congratulations to Deb Casey
If you have not heard the news, congratulations are in order to WSSSC member Deb Casey<https://www.greenriver.edu/gator-news/articles/green-river-colleges-dr-deb-casey-named-president-of-marylands-wor-wic-community-college> who will be moving into President role. Please join me in celebrating our colleague and wishing her the very best on the next great adventure.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation for your continued dedication and involvement throughout the year. As we approach the end of the year, we hope that all your classes, committees, events, and commencement ceremonies are wrapping up nicely.

As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to create a dynamic and collaborative environment within our amazing group.

Thank you and have a great remainder of your week!

[Compass]
Lauren Hibbs, Ed.D
lhibbs at sbctc.edu* o: 360-704-4334 *

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."