[Wsssc] Commission/Council Feedback for Student Self-Service Proposal: Feedback due by July 28

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Mon Jul 17 07:00:18 PDT 2023

Hello WSSSC folks,

As your Data Governance Committee (DGC) Representative, I am bringing you a proposal to add Student Self-Service Questions in Campus Solutions (attached). If you are a WSSSC liaison to a council, please forward to them as well.

The problem this proposed solution solves is the ability to collect critical data elements that are missing and/or incomplete within ctcLink to meet the requirements for federal reporting, notably the Carl Perkins reporting requirements.

The student self-service module in ctcLink enables students to change their demographic and other information within ctcLink.

The attached proposal recommends implementing a page within the existing ctcLink self-service to collect information from students to meet state and federal reporting requirements, as well as for institutional research and student outreach needs.  The custom solution page implementation would include: a custom page added to student self-service, custom table(s) to store collected data, and an activity guide to prompt responses from students.

The critical data elements identified in the proposal were extensively vetted by representation across the system and by the SBCTC Perkins Program Administrators. Therefore, we are asking for feedback for the current proposed set of questions, not a request for additional questions.  The proposal includes the requirement to add additional questions in the future.

Please reply back to me your feedback, if any, and I will communicate it to the DGC.

Please submit your feedback to me by Friday, July 28th

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech