[Wsssc] FW: CARES Act Part III: Emergency Financial Aid and The Fight for Racial Equity

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Tue Jun 16 16:42:24 PDT 2020

WSSSC: see below and attached, clarification from the AG and our June 3 guidance again, for convenient reference. Sent to FAC just now. I will be briefing your presidents on this tomorrow. We will distribute to Councils and other system groups tomorrow as well. Please let me know if you have any questions. Glad to touch on this on the Thursday call as well.

Ha Nguyen has done outstanding work on this, and we are indebted to Dave Stolier in the AG Office and their litigation team for this outcome. It is a win, for now.

                             [Joe]

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."