[Wsssc] Student Services for Fall Quarter

Reader, Aaron areader at highline.edu
Wed Jul 1 08:29:12 PDT 2020

Thank you Claire and Sue for providing information on what you both are planning. In deciding to not offer services, did you incorporate/offer feedback from your division? I have been working with my VPI who's created language asking faculty to provide reasoning to whether or not their lab can be offered remotely.  This request also asks that faculty develop a plan that is aligned to Gov. Inslee's plan for reopening higher education. I am inclined to not have remote services for fall as King County we recently shifted to Phase 2 and we've decided to provide remote learning except for labs that are approved.  Our remote services have been working based on student feedback.  I would like to be as inclusive as possible but also understand that a number of departments would "love to be back on campus". __

Thank you both...

Aaron Reader, MA
Vice President, Student Services
Pronouns: He, Him, His