[Wsssc] Civitas or Zogo Tech

Pelkey, David dpelkey at spscc.edu
Tue Oct 17 15:03:20 PDT 2017

SPSCC uses Hobsons and the Starfish product. We have launched phase 1 of a 3-step integration and are very happy with the product and the company.

Dr. Dave Pelkey
Vice President for Student Services
South Puget Sound Community College
360 596-5230

[cid:image001.png at 01D34759.11EE55D0]

From: wsssc <wsssc-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Matthew Campbell <MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM
To: Robert Cox <robert.cox at centralia.edu>
Cc: "wsssc at lists.ctc.edu" <wsssc at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wsssc] Civitas or Zogo Tech

There were some plans for a technology summit, which ultimately got postponed/canceled (Joe?). The goal was to discuss some of the different technology options, as well as the opportunities and challenges/frustration some schools may have experienced (without the vendors present).

I think there is some very good learning to be had from institutions that have “gone down that road” and found something great ...or not so great. I believe we were also going to involve some tech staff at SBCTC.

Is this something we want to explore further? Timeline? I believe that sessions were being planned in the west and east.

I also feel compelled to note that multiple schools in WA have ended contracts with Civitas. Happy to share what we learned through that process.

Best,
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup
p/  253.840.8419<tel:253.840.8419>
f/   253.840.8423<tel:253.840.8423>
e/  mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>