[Wsssc] Fwd: Upcoming Accessibility 101 Training Dates

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Oct 5 11:35:29 PDT 2017

 Colleagues: FYI, below. Joe

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jess Thompson <jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu>>
Date: October 5, 2017 at 12:45:43 PM CDT
To: Joe Holliday <jholliday at sbctc.edu<mailto:jholliday at sbctc.edu>>
Subject: Upcoming Accessibility 101 Training Dates

Hi Joe - Can you forward this to the Student Services Commission? Thanks!

[Bob Dylan's Great Hits album cover, with a cat in place of Dylan.]
(To the tune of Mr. Tambourine Man)
Hey! Faculty while you plan, let me make a plea
Learn how accessibility can benefit you
Hey! Staff while you can, take our training for free
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come applaudin' you
2017/18 Accessibility 101 Training Dates:

  *   October 30 – November 26 (registration opens Oct 9)
  *   January 22 – February 18 (registration opens Nov 27)
  *   February 12 – March 11 (registration opens Jan 22)
  *   April 16 – May 13 (registration opens Mar 5)
  *   May 7 – June 3 (registration opens April 16)

Go to SBCTC's training website<http://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/elearning-open-education/training-registration.aspx> to register.
Training Description:
This 4-week, online, asynchronous course is designed for faculty and staff who want to learn simple and quick steps to make materials accessible for people with disabilities and better for all users. Participants do not need to be tech savvy to take this course, but familiarity with MS Office applications and Canvas will be helpful. Participants will be introduced to basic accessibility concepts, practices, and inclusive design standards. The time commitment for this course is approximately 25 hours. The course is free for faculty and staff in the community and technical college system.

Want to see what this training is all about?
Ready to get your learn on now?
Check out the lessons: http://bit.ly/a101public

Go to SBCTC's training website<http://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/elearning-open-education/training-registration.aspx> to register.
If interested, mark your calendar for the registration dates.
This class has a tendency to fill very quickly.
Space is limited!

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>