[Wsssc] Student Conduct Academies: Planning & Guidance

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Nov 20 17:46:01 PST 2017

Good afternoon all. At the WSSSC meeting, there was no shortage of enthusiasm for continuing to develop support around student conduct, which included continuing the student conduct academies that were presented this year. We heard a couple of key pieces: 1) target the training for conduct officers; 2) balance the legal with the educative aspects of conduct; and 3) probably avoid summer.

But we need more, and we’re certain that it is currently inside of your heads. So, if you’d like to open up your brain to help plan the next set of academies, please let us know.
We are hoping to find one or two people to work with Joe and the AG’s office on the initial concepts and planning to assure the academies are structured in the most effective manner possible.

Thanks as always,
Matt

PS: One of your colleagues has been volunteered and has accepted the appointment to the HS Transcript Taskforce (thanks Bryce!). So if you were thinking, "I’d love to do this, but that opportunity sounds great, too," well now we’ve made your decision so much easier! You’re welcome!

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup
p/  253.840.8419
f/   253.840.8423
e/  mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>

[cid:835379C1-8914-4E81-8397-5C6DF89DA809]