[Wsssc] Looking for you! Two WSSSC Reps Needed - Short-term task force

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Fri Mar 3 08:21:31 PST 2017

Good afternoon. Last fall, a work group of WorkFirst directors identified the need to re-examine the WorkFirst funding formula and policies for a number of reasons, including challenges in reallocating unspent funds in a timely manner. The Workforce Education Council (WEC) leadership agreed and took it forward to Instruction Commission; and IC passed a motion at their recent meeting for WEC to form a task force (to include WSSSC reps) to develop and make recommendation re: the WorkFirst model and redistribution of funding. A report will be due to IC in fall 2018.

Erin Frasier will be leading State Board staff support.

They would like the participation of two WSSSC VPs on the task force.

If you have some experience with workforce education, or you've been hoping for an opportunity to build your understanding of this area, please let me know so that we can get you connected to the task force.

They are hoping to get the task force together quickly, so please let us know soon!

Thanks!
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup
p/  253.840.8419<tel:253.840.8419>
f/   253.840.8423<tel:253.840.8423>
e/  mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>