[Wsssc] State Need Grant Advocacy Day February 7

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Tue Jan 17 09:11:02 PST 2017

Colleagues: several statewide organizations, including SBCTC, are involved in the planning for a Washington State Need Grant Advocacy Day on February 7th at the State Capitol. Others are WSAC, the Council of Presidents, the Independent Colleges of Washington, College Success Foundation, and WSA. Our student group, WACTCSA, is aware of the effort and will be discussing its potential involvement at their January 26th Legislative Action Day. Our legislative interns are also involved in the planning. I've attached a document that summarizes event details.

Despite the challenge of mounting these two efforts so close to each other, we are doing what we can to support the February 7th SNG Advocacy Day. If there is a way for you to support it as well, through your CUSP representatives and student government officers, please do so. Our students are the primary beneficiaries of the SNG and we feel we should support the event to the extent possible. Thanks!

[Joe]
Joe Holliday
Director of Student Services

[SBCTC Logo color]