[Wsssc] NOTIFICATION: Revised WSSSC By-Laws, PLS REVIEW

Rimando-chareunsap, Rosannette Rosie.Rimando at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Feb 14 16:08:10 PST 2017

Per our discussion in today's WSSSC meeting, please find attached the newly revised WSSSC By-Laws for your consideration and review. Revisions written in our Fall meeting are highlighted in yellow, and today's revisions are highlighted in green. Todays discussion resulted in the following revisions:

- Use of gender-neutral language

- Clarification of language to indicate that WSSSC must approve any by-law revisions of the councils

- Minor syntax revisions based on the changes above

Per our existing by-laws, any amendments require written notification (this email) and 2 weeks prior to a vote.

Please review the attached document. Unless any revisions are required, I will send a follow-up email after February 28, 2017 (2 weeks from today) calling for a vote. At that point, we will need to ensure each college votes via email.

This is NOT to be shared or distributed beyond the voting members of WSSSC (this email list). Once we complete a vote, it is sent to WACTC for formal approval. Thanks!

Rosie

WSSSC Secretary 16-17

Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap, Ed.D.

Vice President, Student Services

South Seattle College, A US Dept. of Ed. Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution

Student Services mission statement:

We empower our diverse student population to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.

As a network of student services professionals, we value: Community,  Equity,  Excellence,  Innovation,  Student Success