[Wsssc] South Seattle College seeks Director of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion

Rimando-chareunsap, Rosannette Rosie.Rimando at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:44:37 PDT 2017

Happy Monday, colleagues!

South Seattle College is one of the most diverse higher education institutions in the state, and has a strong commitment to serving our communities of color and other underrepresented neighbors well. We have been designated since 2008 as a Minority Serving Institution, as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI). We also have a 20+ year history as a TRiO college, with 5 current successful grants, the most in the state. In addition to serving diverse populations, we have a full array of instructional programs, from basic skills, transfer, professional/technical, applied baccalaureate (BAS) and apprenticeships.

We are seeking a dynamic and transformational leader to serve as Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to help advance our equity goals, and join our team of passionate and dedicated leaders and educators. This position will report directly to our president, and sit on executive cabinet with the intention to have positive impact across all areas of the college, including instruction and in human resources. The full position description, including application instructions can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/SouthEDIDirector2017

Please share this with your talented friends and colleagues, as well as your own professional networks.

Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Services
South Seattle College, A US Dept. of Ed. Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution
6000 16th Avenue SW | Seattle, WA 98106  |  VP office 206.934.6788  |  Rosie.Rimando at seattlecolleges.edu

Student Services mission statement:
We empower our diverse student population to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
As a network of student services professionals, we value:
Community,  Equity,  Excellence,  Innovation,  Student Success

South's Core Themes
Student Achievement, Teaching & Learning, College Culture & Climate, Community Engagement & Partnerships