[Wctcca] WCTCCA Steering Committee Open Positions

Houge, Jennifer jhouge at lcc.ctc.edu
Wed Jan 27 13:41:06 PST 2021

Hi All,

There are a few positions that will be open within the WCTCCA Steering Committee this spring.  I have compiled some information on each position so that if any of you are interested, you can read about the position.  We will be looking for the following positions:

Vice President:  Vice President of WCTCCA Steering Committee is responsible for taking part in monthly meetings with the rest of the committee, providing support to the President for any logistical support that is needed along with helping organize all events. Vice President is part of organizing the Spring Conference along with the rest of the committee which is the largest aspect of this position. Vice President is expected to serve three years as Vice President and then is expected to move into the President role after those 3 years, then serve as President for the following 3 years.

Treasurer:  First, you have to meet up with the President and one other member of the organization with a traveling Notary to fill out the paperwork to put you on the account.  (Our accounts are at WSECU but we don't have to go there to do this unless you want to.)  We can do this next summer some time to make it easier on everyone after we get our vaccines.

Then we arrange it, so the monthly statements go to you.  I signed up for paperless statements, so I usually just check the online statement on the app on my phone.  I also use the app to deposit checks from individual people or institutions and keep an accurate list of who has paid what and who owes what that is left to collect.

I have the checkbook and I write checks to our presenters, Rainbow lodge, reimburse members who buy snacks for our meetings and the raffle gifts, and issue refunds if needed.  The two past presidents who are also on the account also have some checks in case something happens to me so our funds are safe, and we can get at them.

I work with the secretary as members send her their forms and checks and she sends the checks on to me.

I also prepare a half page report on what we brought in and what went out each spring.

And lastly, being treasurer comes with a fancy plastic box of our old records and a cute green pouch for our stamp and checks!

Secretary:  The Secretary is responsible for taking notes during the monthly meetings and distributing them to the members after the meetings.  Other responsibilities include keeping a list of paid memberships and sending checks to the Treasurer, documenting attendees of the spring conference, arranging for their rooms and any specific needs at the Lodge, coordinating with other members of the steering committee to provide raffle gifts, snacks, and drinks for the conference.  Pretty much just helping when help is needed and keeping track of our meetings.

Eastside Representative:  We need a member to represent the Eastside of the mountains in our meetings and conferences!!!  We have been without for a few years and would love an addition to the group!?

Please contact me if you are interested or want more information.

Thank you all,?

Jennifer

Jennifer Houge, MS
Counselor
Lower Columbia College
360-442-2343
jhouge at lowercolumbia.edu<https://mail.lowercolumbia.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=FtK0Mj0mt-nyiOXecv6nDQS5jrgS0FDF0gach6B7MK2Yi4qBDR3YCA..&URL=mailto%3ajhouge%40lowercolumbia.edu>

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.