[Wctcca] HD Courses and Career Pathways Question

Belle Nishioka bnishioka at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 11:48:15 PST 2021

Hi, All --
Hope you are well as we continue to navigate these unusual times! I really miss our yearly retreat at Rainbow Lodge and seeing everyone in person!

The counselors at BC have been asked by the College's Career Pathway staff to determine which pathways the HD classes should be placed in (e.g. psychology, computer science, etc.).
Because HD courses (career exploration, stress management, motivation, assertive communication, etc) aren't specific to any particular pathway, we are concerned that having to put them in a few particular pathway will make our classes less accessible to all students and severely hurt our enrollment.
We are wondering how counselors at other community colleges colleges are addressing this issues? Where are your HD courses being placed and/or have other strategies been developed to ensure that these classes remain visible and readily accessible for all students?
Thank you for any input you have!
Warmly,

Belle
Belle