[Wctcca] Counseling during "alternative format" classes?

Devon Klein DKlein at greenriver.edu
Tue Mar 10 11:21:48 PDT 2020

Dear esteemed colleagues,

As all of our campuses are selecting their methods of responding to the fears about the Covid-19 virus, we are finding ourselves wondering about options to provide counseling to students who are now taking almost all online classes to maintain distance from each other. We have not previously offered telementalhealth, but are now considering it. Is this something you offer and if so, which HIPPA compliant platform are you utilizing? If not, what are your reasons for passing on this option? Are there other alternatives to your services that you are offering?

My favorite thing about this organization is our ability to support each other in managing issues that are unique to counseling in our CTC system. I look forward to benefitting from your shared wisdom and thank you in advance for taking the time to share what you are doing. Stay safe and healthy out there.

Devon Klein, MA, LMHC
She/Her Pronouns
GRC Faculty Counselor
WCTCCA Chair
253 833 9111, Ext 4492
 dklein at greenriver.edu
"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open."          ~Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

Counseling Services Mission Statement
Counseling Services fosters student success and retention by teaching emotional coping techniques, informing and educating students on relevant health and wellness topics, and developing effective self-care skills for optimal lifelong psychological health.

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at (253) 833-9111, ext. 4492, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.