[WCAAB] Native Student Success Summit at Highline College on May 13th!!!

Powers, Tanya tpowers at highline.edu
Tue May 3 11:37:52 PDT 2022

Greetings all!

I hope you're all fabulous!!! Highline College is hosting the 6th Annual Native Student Success Summit on May 13th from 8:30am-3pm  and we would love for you to share with students, particularly those who identify as American Indian, Alaska Native or Indigenous! We would really love to have an in person presence for this, this is our first in person summit since the pandemic!

Our event link with the registration form is located here: https://www.highline.edu/native-student-summit-2022/

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D85EE2.3746DB40]

Warmest regards,

Tanya Powers, Ed.D.
Associate Dean for BAS and Workforce Pathways
tpowers at highline.edu<mailto:tpowers at highline.edu>
(206) 592-3662
(206) 592-3780 (FAX)
Book appointment here: https://tinyurl.com/48aycduw
https://www.highline.edu/bas/
https://appliedbachelorsapp.highline.edu/
http://findyourpath.highline.edu/
I would like to acknowledge the people whose land we are gathered on today. Present day Des Moines is located on the traditional village sites of the Muckleshoot, Duwamish and Puyallup  and many other tribes who made their homes on these lands and along these waters.
Let us also acknowledge the robust Indigenous communities made up of tribal diversity that originate from around the country, and whose journeys have brought them here and to other locations by ways of forced displacement or seeking opportunities.
Today the same communities celebrate their heritage, showing resilience and tenacity that would be greatly admired by their ancestors.
Inspired by Se-ah-dom Edmo and Dr. Christine Dupres, Portland