[Wactclc-primo] [SPAM] Advanced searches failing in Seattle's Primos

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Feb 27 12:10:28 PST 2024

Hi folks!

One of the librarians at North Seattle noticed yesterday afternoon that all Advanced searches were failing for her in Primo.

Any Advanced Search returned "No results" but a Basic Search using the same terms returned results.

Our examples:

  *   Author: Brene Brown
  *   Title: Chip War
  *   Anything: Race AND Education

We've confirmed that this is happening in all 3 of our Primos.

In the course of opening a high priority ticket with Ex Libris, I searched 3 other WACTCLC Primos to see if the problem was more widespread.

Highline, Spokane, and Lower Columbia-You'll be happy to know that Advanced Search is working in your Primos!

Anyone else may want to check Advanced Search in their Primo.  If you run into the same problem, you can mention our case (07062778) in your ticket.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu