[Wactclc-primo] [EXTERNAL] - [Wactclc-alma] Alma / Primo Call - Feb 1, 2022 - Recording and Notes

Abby Koehler AKoehler at whatcom.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:40:50 PST 2022

Here is part of the email that my director initially sent me, it mentions free and a deadline:

Subject: [LIBRARYDIR] Expand access to your library's collections with a free WorldCat holdings update

FYI

Your library's holdings in WorldCat enable people to find items in your collections through WorldCat.org-connecting from popular websites like Google Books, Wikipedia, and Goodreads-and other OCLC services like WorldCat Discovery, FirstSearch, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, and Connexion.

Does WorldCat present the best view of your library?
Accurate holdings in WorldCat are vital to ensure people can find and access all resources currently available in your collections. Up-to-date holdings also ensure they see your latest acquisitions, without viewing items you no longer own.

Update holdings for free through June 2022.
You can now use a new, streamlined process to update WorldCat holdings at no additional charge with your current OCLC subscriptions. When you send your library's complete MARC 21 catalog data, the process matches your records with WorldCat and:

*         Adds holdings to matching WorldCat records

*         Removes inaccurate WorldCat holdings

*         Adds new records when a matching record is not available

Secure your project now

This free option is only available for a limited time, so submit your request soon. Project requests will be accepted through 31 May 2022 and all catalog data must be submitted by 15 June 2022.

abby koehler
she/her/hers
Faculty Systems Librarian
Book a meeting with me<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/abby1@whatcomccedu.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/>