[Wactclc-primo] Issue with activating Kanopy in the PCI rather than Alma Community Zone

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Tue Oct 10 12:58:23 PDT 2017

Hello,

I recently looked at activating the Kanopy Collection through the Alma
Community Zone; however, there were not portfolios attached to the
Community Zone record so I did not activate the collection through Alma.

Instead, I activated the Kanopy Collection through the PCI.  I am noticing
some problems with the records and I don't know who I should talk to get
the problem solved.  Many of the titles in Primo are displaying correctly
and the links to the streaming video are working correctly.  Some of the
titles in Primo are not displaying correctly and the links don't work.

The correct versions display "Online access" and the links work
[image: Inline image 1]

The incorrect versions display "Full text available" and the links do not
work
[image: Inline image 3]

I don't know if this is the Primo problem or a Kanopy problem.  Has anyone
else activated the Kanopy Collection in the PCI, and if so, are you also
having this problem?

I activated the collection in the PCI last Tuesday and had to wait until
Monday to see the results.  Is there a chance that the indexing in Primo
isn't completed yet and the records will eventually be corrected, was there
is mistake in the Primo indexing, or are the Kanopy records bad?

Can anyone shed light on my situation?

Thanks!

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian