[wactclc-alma] shelf report oddity

Babcock, George gbabcock at highline.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:48:37 PDT 2024

Hi Amy,

My guess is that the coding in the holdings record might be different than the others...do some have  call numbers constructed as

852 $h 320.011 Pa165L as opposed to:
852 $h 320.011 $i Pa165c

The lack of the subfield I in the holding will make the normalized call number come before those with the ones with the subfield i...and I think the shelf report is based on normalized call numbers...like I said, just a guess...

George Babcock
Highline College
Library Technical Services