[Wactclc-alma] Overdue and Lost profile -- are you adding blocks?

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue May 16 12:57:06 PDT 2023

Abby-- We don't have this box checked for any of our Overdue profiles, but Alma Online Help says blocks created via this profile will be automatically removed when the item is checked in:

Configuring Overdue and Lost Loan Profiles<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/080Configuring_Fulfillment/Configuring_Loans#Configuring_Overdue_and_Lost_Loan_Profiles>

9. For an overdue notification, select Create Block to impose a user block while the loan is overdue. When Create Block is selected, a Block Type appears. The values in this drop down are defined in the User Block Description page (see Configuring User Blocks Due to Overdue Loans<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/080Configuring_Fulfillment/060Patron_Configurations#Configuring_User_Blocks_Due_to_Overdue_Loans>). The block is removed when the item is returned or marked as lost, or the loan is deleted.

Also... thank you for asking this question! You may have just figured out a solution to an ongoing problem we have with Reserve textbooks!

Once you check that Create block box, you get a drop down list of all existing manual blocks that you've created. You pick the block you want to have automatically applied.

Seattle Central has been manually applying and removing a special manual block on patrons who have overdue textbooks to try to get people to bring things back without using fines.

Thanks to your question, I now realize I can create an overdue profile for just Central Reserve items, have the special block applied automatically when the overdue notice is generated, and the special block will be automatically removed when (if) the textbook gets returned.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<http://namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu