[Wactclc-alma] Alma, EZproxy and ctclink auth

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Mar 30 14:34:49 PDT 2023

Do you mean you want to use ctcLink (the PeopleSoft platform) itself as the tool for authenticating that someone is a current student or employee?

I don't think you can use the PeopleSoft platform that way. But maybe I'm wrong?

I think your institution needs to have some kind of identity management system like Okta, Shibboleth, OpenAthens, or Microsoft Active Directory for EZproxy and Alma-Primo authentication.

>From what I remember,  the State Board has a contract with Okta that any of the WA community/technical colleges can sign onto. I know our IT department now uses Okta for authentication via that contract.

We switched to Okta for EZProzy authentication in January and I hope to have Okta set up for Alma-Primo authentication soon.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu