[wactclc-alma] ALMA login URLs and security certificate update

Laurie Shuster LShuster at pierce.ctc.edu
Thu Jun 1 17:59:51 PDT 2023

Hi Group!  We have a couple of different URLs to log into Alma.  Some start with sbctc and others start with adfs and our Pierce URL.  For example:

https://sbctc-piercecollege.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/....

Vs

https://adfs.pierce.ctc.edu/adfs?...

Three questions:

1)      We're trying to figure out why some route through SBCTC.  Our backup admin account goes through SBCTC - which makes total sense.  But... not sure about the others.  Does going through SBCTC have some kind of advantage? Which do you all use - SBCTC or local URL?
2)      With the SAML update - We've alerted our IT to the changes.  Do we need to do anything about the SBCTC urls? Or does the State Board take care of that?
3)      Is anyone aware of other things we might need to do about the certificate update? https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Release_Notes/2023/Alma_2023_Release_Notes?mon=202304BASE

Thank you!

Laurie

Laurie Shuster