[Wactclc-alma] overlap analysis question

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Tue Jan 31 15:46:02 PST 2023

I've read through the overlap analysis documentation from EL and it appears that the Overlap Analysis function in Alma will only really compare electronic collections?  We would like to compare our electronic periodical holdings to our print periodical holdings (time period coverage, etc.).  I see that in theory we can compare our IZ electronic collection activations to a file that we upload that contains ISSNs, but again I didn't see any mention of comparing specific holdings this way.  Has anyone been able to successfully compare print to electronic holdings using Alma tools?

We used to be able to do this pretty easily with our old A-Z system, which I think Ex Libris eventually bought!

Thanks!

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu> | 360-475-7256

Follow us on:
[cid:image001.png at 01D9358A.DC4A5C00]<https://www.facebook.com/olympiccollegelibraries/>[cid:image002.png at 01D9358A.DC4A5C00]<https://www.tiktok.com/@oclibraries> [cid:image003.png at 01D9358A.DC4A5C00] <https://www.instagram.com/oclibraries/>