[Wactclc-alma] Any issues with patron upload?

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Jan 3 16:21:35 PST 2023

It looks like we had a problem with our patron load today too.

When I go into Admin > Monitor Jobs > History tab

and look for the job name: Users SYNCHRONIZE using profile ctcLink Patron Load

I can see that the job for 01/03/2023 failed.  It looks like the previous jobs ran ok.

When I look at the Events for the job that failed today, I get these 2 "event descriptions":

System job status{JOB_ID=8234978130002820, ERROR_MESSAGE=job 8234978130002820 was failed during process: Failed to connect to FTP server custdata-dc04.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com with user name alma_01statewa_seattle at customers.na and port 10022 on error SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 11 Idle connection . Please check connection details., DESCRIPTION=system job has completed with failure}

General error {JOB_ID=8234978130002820, ERROR_MESSAGE=SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 11 Idle connection , EXTERNAL_SYSTEM_ID=5120508550002820, DESCRIPTION=job failed, FILE_NAME=externa_sys_sip_loader.general_error.general_error}

I wonder if this is somehow related to the problems with FTP & TCIP imports of OCLC records that other libraries are reporting on the Alma-L list?

When I look at the events report for the jobs that did complete successfully, I can see a small number of user records that were rejected with the following reason:

Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC begin transaction failed

I have no idea what this means.

If the patron load fails for us tomorrow, I'll open a case.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.s.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu