[wactclc-alma] WACTCLC Statistics Dashboard (Jan 2023) IMPORTANT NOTE

Hill, Carleigh CarleighH at bigbend.edu
Thu Dec 7 10:38:02 PST 2023

Thanks to diligent questioning by Nick and Lily at SPSCC, I discovered some confusion that should be cleared up for anyone who is using (or copied) the WACTCLC Statistics Dashboard (Jan 2023) from the shared Statistics Reporting Dashboards folder.

On the Electronic Collections tab
E-Title Counts is set up so you can determine how many portfolios have been activated since the end of the reporting period if you're not pulling the stats right at the end point. The count is filtered to Portfolios 'In Repository' and 'Available' - so if something is currently de-activated it is no longer counted, but that doesn't take into account whether it was active on a historical date.

Portfolio (Volume) Counts by Electronic Collection and Material Type is set up so you can determine whether a specific collection's titles should be excluded from the total (HathiTrust, Center for Research Libraries, Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR)). That table also includes the prompt for Collection Activation Date allowing you to exclude collections that were activated after the reporting period.

The OA breakout is not specifically for any ACRL or IPEDS reporting, they used to want open access items reported differently, but now they're all combined. It is a great snapshot of how much OA is discoverable for users.

❗❗❗The reason the E-Titles Counts is (likely) lower is actually because it's based on portfolio counts, and the Portfolio Counts is based on bibliographic titles within collections - clearly I messed up with the naming.... If a collection is a database, rather than aggregator or selective package,  it won't have portfolios, but there will be titles.❗❗❗

I will not be changing this dashboard, but I will be doing a Jan 2024 version to correct these issues. At the next Analytics open call, Jan 23, 10 a.m., I will have a new dashboard ready and explain it.

You all make me better everyday, thank you for your questions and for sharing your expertise!

Carleigh

Carleigh E. Hill (she/her)

Services Manager

WACTCLC