[Wactclc-alma] [EXTERNAL] ChatGPT - is anyone considering it?

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Mon Apr 10 10:40:09 PDT 2023

Hi Carleigh,

I am interested.

Traci

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Hill, Carleigh
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2023 10:37 AM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Wactclc-alma] ChatGPT - is anyone considering it?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of BTC. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If you are unsure, contact Help Desk at 360-752-8417 or e-mail helpdesk at btc.edu<mailto:helpdesk at btc.edu>.

I would love to know whether any libraries are considering integrating ChatGPT into services. Will Stuivenga shared an announcement about a "Bootcamp" for librarians for $150. I think the WACTCLC Exec Comm would approve registering me if multiple libraries wanted more information, but don't (understandably) want to spend money to investigate.

I'll probably briefly bring this up tomorrow during our meeting too.

Carleigh

Carleigh E. Hill (she/her)

Services Manager

WACTCLC

www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org>

Book a meeting with me<https://calendly.com/librarianchill/meet>

509-795-0140 (text & voice)

Upcoming time out of the office: May 8-12 at ELUNA Conference; May 25-June 5 vacation