[Wactclc-alma] Options for books on display in Alma

Holland-Stone, Stirling Stirling.Holland-Sto at lwtech.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:11:09 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

At LWTech we're currently looking at options for marking books as being On Display when they're away from their proper shelves.

I used to work for a library that had a staff account named Display that, when items were checked out to it, they would display in the catalog as in the image below. Unfortunately, that library uses SirsiDynix, so I can't just borrow from their system, although I'd love to duplicate it in Alma if possible.

How does everyone else handle items that are on display?

[Screenshot of a title in a library catalog. One of the items under the title, for "Status or Location," is listed as "On Display" rather than "Checked Out" or "Nonfiction."]

Stirling Holland-Stone
Pronouns: they/them/theirs
Library Technician II
Stirling.Holland-Sto at lwtech.edu<mailto:Stirling.Holland-Sto at lwtech.edu>