[Wactclc-alma] Display Logic Rules: Delete+Add or Edit?

Abby Koehler AKoehler at whatcom.edu
Mon May 16 10:17:31 PDT 2022

Hi all,
I am working with our Display Logic Rules for displaying certain services like Hold, Purchase, and Resource Sharing Requests in certain circumstances, using this guide: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/020Primo_VE/Primo_VE_(English)/080Configuring_Delivery_Services_for_Primo_VE/Configuring_Discovery_Interface_Display_Logic_for_Primo_VE.

There is one yellowy note down the page about Editing vs Delete+Adding the logic rules that I suspect might be influencing behavior in our Primo:
You cannot edit the parameters of an existing display logic rule. You can delete the rule and then add a new rule.

Anyone have experience with these or with that statement in particular? For each rule there is an Edit feature... but I don't see the Delete+Add caveat come up on the listerv archive posts, like at all, so I wasn't sure.
Many thanks for any thoughts!
Hope you all are having a good week so far,
abby
[https://a.mtstatic.com/@public/production/site_11811/1638394879-logo.png]<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/020Primo_VE/Primo_VE_(English)/080Configuring_Delivery_Services_for_Primo_VE/Configuring_Discovery_Interface_Display_Logic_for_Primo_VE>
Configuring Discovery Interface Display Logic for Primo VE<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/020Primo_VE/Primo_VE_(English)/080Configuring_Delivery_Services_for_Primo_VE/Configuring_Discovery_Interface_Display_Logic_for_Primo_VE>
On the Discovery Interface Display Logic page (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Discovery Interface Display Logic > Display Logic Rules), select Add Rule.The Add Rule dialog box appears. From the For user from groups drop-down list, select one or more groups to which to apply the rule. If you do not select a group, the rule applies to all user groups.
knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com

abby koehler

she/her/hers

Systems Librarian