[Wactclc-alma] OCLC Streamlined Holdings project

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu May 12 14:10:46 PDT 2022

Oo! I just realized there's a way you can use Alma Analytics together with the OCLC report to do this without manually comparing the lists!

Create your Alma Analytics report of bibliographic records with Lifecycle = Deleted.

Make sure to include the MMSID as one of fields in the report.

Get the *BibProcessingReport.txt file into Excel (Note: You may have to use the Import function under the Data tab rather than opening it directly in Excel)

Column B will have your Alma MMSID numbers.

Copy everything in Column B.

In Alma Analytics, create a filter for the MMSID field.

Click the magnifying glass icon on the Value line of the Edit Filter pop-up window

(The screenshots below shows the Barcode field, but the same steps work for other fields)

[cid:image001.png at 01D86609.8DB444D0]

Click on the pencil icon on the top right of the Select Values pop-up window

[cid:image002.png at 01D86609.8DB444D0]

Paste in the Alma MMSIDs that you copied from the Excel spreadsheet

Click the OK button at the bottom right of the Edit pop-up window.

[cid:image003.png at 01D86609.8DB444D0]

Whatever is left will be records that were *not* deleted when you sent your file to OCLC but are deleted now.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges