[Wactclc-alma] Vendors requiring creation of individual user accounts

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:44:49 PDT 2022

Elena,

I put the following Public Note in the Service-level record for our O’Reilly electronic collection:

Use your @seattlecolleges.edu email address to sign in.

When you get to the O’Reilly website, you get prompted to select your institution and enter your email address. If O’Reilly doesn’t find an account with that email address, they walk you through the steps of creating one.

FWIW, if your institution has already implemented Okta you may be able to set up your O’Reilly account to use Single Sign On (SSO) instead. Maybe?

Another vendor (BizJournals, the publisher of Puget Sound Business Journal) requires users to sign up for an account via a specific URL. Once the account exists, they sign in via a different URL to access content. (😡😡😡)

In this case, I created the following Public Note in the Service-level record:

      You must use your @seattlecolleges.edu email address to create an individual user account with bizjournals.com to read articles in this journal.

      To create a user account with bizjournals.com, copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.bizjournals.com/register/seattle?r=%2Fseattle%2F

Eresources, man!

It will be ok!