[Wactclc-alma] Handheld scanner / inventory device

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Jun 2 09:55:10 PDT 2022

This is just a follow up to a discussion from a few weeks ago.

Here's a device that was recommended by someone on the Alma-L list.

Opticon OPN-2004 ($130-ish from barcodesinc)

https://www.barcodesinc.com/opticon/part-opn2004-00.htm

Looks simple and easy to use, and makes data easily accessible via a USB port.

I believe the use-case in our conversation was in-house circ counts for items left on tables.

If you wanted to use this device for that use-case, you would need to run the barcodes through the offline circ tool for alma<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/070Advanced_Tools/010Loans/040Offline_Circulation>

http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>